How long did it take to

wiwazevedo

get your build completely up and running (including OS installation etc.) from the time you put in the last screw on the casing and pushed the button?

JoeP1990

banned
i'd say around 30-40 min. just 4 the OS 2 be all loaded..

2 be all done loadin ur messenger, anti-virus etc., i'd say bout 2 hrs..

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
From the time it was together and posting? About 1.5 hours. 30 min to give up on the recovery console (I tried to use my existing windows install after changing motherboards) and about an hour for the repair install to finish.

If it was from the time it was together and not posting..about 12 days (RMA :p)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I have built 6 machines in around 6 hours, but I had 3 going at a time. Basically building one, windows installing on a couple, drivers/software on another. That was fun. ;)

wiwazevedo

so your saying

that it usually works the first time you boot it up? I see alot of people posting things about how they need help cuz it doesnt run right and stuff like that. my brother is kinda against building computers cuz he says thers alot of room for error and they dont usually work out right, and it takes forever bla bla bla. i dont believe everything he says but its better to be safe than sorry.

do you think that its just workin out because of lots of experience? I'm what some would call a "newbie" and I've only watched ppl build computers before. I'm researching my first.

Motoxrdude

It took me about 20 minutes to get all the parts connected and in the case properly, and about 30 minutes to install Ubuntu; about 50 minutes-1hr typically.