How long will a Surface pro last for?

Alisher aminov

SO I got a Surface pro but my main concern is will it last? With such a tedious process to get into it will it last me or will I be screwed within a year?

Thanks!

DMGrier

VIP Member
Which generation of the Surface Pro?

I got my COO of my company a Surface Pro 3 when they launched to try and get her of the iPad. So far that unit has held up well and she does a lot of traveling.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the question.

Alisher aminov

Which generation of the Surface Pro?

I got my COO of my company a Surface Pro 3 when they launched to try and get her of the iPad. So far that unit has held up well and she does a lot of traveling.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the question.
No, that was definitely what I was asking thanks!

I have the surface pro, the new one and after shelling out that much money I wanted to get some thoughts on how long they last.

Last edited by a moderator:

DMGrier

VIP Member
Oh okay, then your good. They are really sturdy devices and I know she takes good care of hers but you can tell it has been well traveled with the little nicks and dings but the cosmetics have held up well and is to this day still serving her well.

Alisher aminov

Oh okay, then your good. They are really sturdy devices and I know she takes good care of hers but you can tell it has been well traveled with the little nicks and dings but the cosmetics have held up well and is to this day still serving her well.
Thanks a bunch!
Just wanted to make sure these last more than a year.

Intel_man

VIP Member
They generally last more than a year. You can expect weakened battery performance after a few years if used daily for long periods of time. The only word of caution with the Surface Pro tablet/laptops are the hit and miss reliability issues. If yours is a dud (knock on wood), they generally fail within the warranty period and will be replaced by microsoft with another one.