• Very Quiet

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Literally Silent (totally fanless)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vipernitrox

3 Nexus Real Silent 120mm Fans ( front and top intake, back outtake)
scythe slip stream 500u ( on the scythe infinity heatsink)
vga card has stock cooler (passive)
120mm psu fan (i know it's papst but not which model)

it's very very silent

Kornowski

VIP Member
"I can hear it, and it's kind of annoying"

Three x 120mm Antec Tricool fans on Medium
One x 200mm Antec fan on High
Tuniq Tower on High

I can live with it :p

brian

VIP Member
wooooooh my laptop beets all yours.... i wat the only Literally Silent one!!!! and well it is. i cant here it. i would say my typing right now it more annoying

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I'd get an Accelero S2 (or S1? I forget, whichever one is the largest) for the 8800 GT. Before you worry about fan vibrations, I'd also suspend the hard drive with elastic. I know the P180 comes with rubber grommets, but those really don't do enough.

I could make some better suggestions if you'd like to show me the inside of your case.

Hm okay. I'll post some pictures this afternoon. I'm also thinking about moving my only hard drive up to the 5.25" bay with a vibration dampener, and then removing the bottom hard drive bay and the wind tunnel fan.

TheBOSS

I Voted loud, tho usually I would say that it's not too loud at all actually, I have a stock cooler from an X2 6000+, 1x120mm, 2x80mm, and an AOpen 530Watt, which has three 80mm fans, none of which make the largest of noises. The thing is I have an ATi HD2900XT with stock cooler(I have to change this soon!!!), and when you get to playing games, and the card needs to cool down, I sometimes mistake it for an airplane flying overhead. lol, I plan on getting a Coolermaster Duo Viva, for my CPU and GPU, and adding the Cooler Master Glacier 600, to my GPU, instead of the stock Connector from the Duo Viva.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
my desktop has that 7600GT in it. That fan gets annoying when it kicks in...

I can attest to that..

I can hear it and it's annoying. It's not loud unless all the fans kick in at the same time, I.E when gaming. But I have the sound cranked so I don't notice anything obviously. :D

shenry

I voted for "I can barely hear it from 2 feet away" quiet.

I have 2x 120mm Zalman fans with silent mode on(one exhaust one intake), the 120 mm fan on my PSU, the stock cooler on my e8400 and the stock cooler on my xfx 8800GT. The only time I can really hear it is when I am playing crysis and I am sneaking up on someone or when i'm in a quiet part.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
"I can hear it, and it's kind of annoying"

Three x 120mm Antec Tricool fans on Medium
One x 200mm Antec fan on High
Tuniq Tower on High

I can live with it :p

Same here, except my 20cm is on medium. Like Danny, I can live with the noise but it's pretty loud.

Justin

VIP Member
very quiet. :D 1x20cm side fan.

but then, when i load up a game, my disc drive sounds like JET! :eek:

retexan599

"I can barely hear it from 2 feet away" quiet. I've got a decent HP system, they make good ones IMO.

Yes, I have a standard HP Pavilion is very quiet. This machine replaced my five year old HP Pavilion 760n and the first thing that struck me was how much quieter the new machine is versus the old one; and that in spite of four fans versus two.

taylormsj

I have 8 120mm fans, 2 60mm, one graphics cooler and one 80mm fan. With the settings i run them on my pc is virtually silent, (apart form my bloody HDD)

:D hurrah for water

Boomer

i just ordered this fan controller :) so my system should be a lot better sound wise after i get it all set up. cause my 3 80mm fans run at 100% all the time right now!

Gogey

Its loud, but I really dont get bothered by this.

Antec 900 with all fans on medium, big one on low; A Zerotherm Nirvana running at full speed; 8800GTS's fan running at about 70%; PSU fan.

Langers2k7

2 intake fans, 2 exhaust fans, 1 AC Freezer 7 Pro and reference 8600GT cooler.
Pretty quiet, got all my in/out fans under control with a nice Aerogate fan controller :)

Vizy

i just ordered this fan controller :) so my system should be a lot better sound wise after i get it all set up. cause my 3 80mm fans run at 100% all the time right now!

cool, boomer, Post back or PM me on how well the controller works!

imm going to vote as soon as i get the new case setup