How many computers have you been through??

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 7 15.6%

Votes: 6 13.3%

Votes: 10 22.2%

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 5 11.1%

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

cohen

And what have the OSs been? :D

Computers that i have gone through that were actual mine and in my room. i have had 3

I have had a Windows 98, Windows XP Home, and Windows XP Pro.

Computers that we have been through in the house as a family have been 8.

We have had Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP home and Windows XP Pro.

4 of the computers that i know of have been built :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PabloTeK

Tag PC - Windows 95 & 98
Dan PC - Windows 98 & ME
eMachines - Windows XP
Dell - Linux
Current PC - Windows XP, Vista & Linux
HP laptop 1 - Windows XP
HP laptop 2 - Windows Vista

craneop1985

1-texas instrument ti-99/4a-none
2-tandy tl-1000-286-deskmate
3-IBM 486-windows 95
4-Quantex -pentII-windows 98
5-custom built-windows 98 se
6-emachine-windows xp home

PunterCam

P2 266mhz (I think it was a p2, can't really remember) - windows 95/98
p2 350mhz (a beast, loved this computer) - windows 95/98
Athlon or Duron 800mhz (again can't remember, fook i'm useless) - windows NT/98/2000
Duron 950mhz with vast amounts of ram - windows 2000
Athlon XP 1.8ghz - windows xp
Mac Pro (current) - OSX and windows xp

They've all been built from scratch apart from cases and h/d's. I think I actually used the same drive in all of those computers up until the mac... Still in service in the 950mhz duron I think, the worlds loudest computer!

That leaves out the 486's, pentiums (had an incredible 166mhz pentium with 32mb ram which was unheard of at the time!) and various other 'side projects'. And the Atari ST! Damn, forgot about that...

Last edited:

Gogey

mac 2 with the corresponding OS
P1 75MHZ if I recall correctly, gateway 2000 that had...something. I dont remember :X
p3 Gateway, cant remember the speed or other specifications since we got rid of it, but it had Windows 95 and then ME
Dell Inspiron 4300 with a 1.5 ghz p4 and windows XP
Dell Inspiron 4550 with a 2ghz p4 and windows xp
And now my current rig, with Windows vista

brian

VIP Member
wow ok lets see...

we always used my parents comp when i was young er that was win 95 or 98 i forget. then when i was 5ish we and my brother got our first computer (pentium 3 OH YEAH)!!! that was windows 98 for sure. we kept win 98 for a LONG time before my parents bought a new computer. that had xp. (we/i never used ME NT or 2000) then i took apart our computer and there computer and combined best of both worlds and made it a BIT better. loaded xp on their and well it was horable. I then got a averitec laptop (died after 1-2 years) After some time we got a compaq desktop for the two of us. Then i got myself a gateway laptop (still holding strong today [its 3-4 years old]) so the desktop was my brothers. he then got himself a hell laptop which lasted 1 year. but now the desktop was not being used so it is now a firewall protecting me. he then got a gateway laptop and soonenough sold it and bought a desktop for gameing (yes i told him i could build one but he refuesed) so that is where he is at not. for me 1 year after my gateway came out when dual core was new i bought a hp laptop (it is now 1 1/2 years old). then i got a mac mini to test the os. some one gave me a miniq computer, then i got a gateway computer that is running whs on it and backing up all 4 computers that are important. and finaly i just made one that is in my sig which is the latest.

OH and the best part. i have a computer from 1980's with dos 5 on it and a 8 MHz processor!!! :eek: so wow, i just relized i have a lot of computers..... wow 14 computers... dang oh great dont even have a part to put it but 10+ :(

:p

manbearpig37

1. gateway windows 95
2. gateway windows 98SE
3. Compaq Persario windows xp Home
4. Hp Pavillion windows xp Pro
5. Acer aspire 5610Z Laptop Windows Vista Home Premium

MBGraphics

VIP Member
I'm still on MY first one :)

Gettin ready to retire it to my friend though because i'll be upgrading by the end of summer :D

Kornowski

VIP Member
Erm... Not too many!

1) Compaq, Windows 98
2) Laptop, Windows XP
3) Compaq, Windows XP - Countless Upgrades!
4) Built Computer, Windows XP - Upgrades
5) Built Computer, Windows XP - With Many Upgrades, that spawned the one below.
6) Built Computer, Windows Vista - Maybe Upgrades (Which is the one I'm on now.)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I screwed up with my poll response - I'm actually on 5 now

Gateway 2000 - family then mine
Custom Build - family
Gateway E-4100 - Family
Dell Dimension2100 - grandparents then mile
Custom Build (sig) - my current comp

StrangleHold

Staff member
I have no idea. Been building them since the Pentium I and AMD K5, I,m sure I have had some that I dont even remember:confused:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Erm... Not too many!

I've had six too! :D

1) I was too little back then! It was a desktop case though, I know that. 486 I think, Windows 95
2) Windows 98, Celeron 600MHz, 64MB RAM, 8GB HDD, CD-ROM, Onboard Video
3) Windows 98SE, Duron 900MHz, 256MB RAM (blazing fast back then!), 8GB HDD, CD-RW, XFX MX440
4) Windows XP Home, Celeron D 2.66GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, CD-RW/DVD-ROM, Radeon 9250
5) Windows XP Pro, Sempron 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, CD-RW/DVD-ROM, 7600GT
Current) Windows Vista Home Premium, E2160 2.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, DVD-RW, HD3870

*Only the last two were/are mine. The rest were family computers.*

Last edited:

Rickymadeja

I have had probably three or four computers.
the first one, windows 98.
2nd - Emachines -shudders- windows XP home
3rd, and current Custom built for a friends mother, she gave it to me. Windows xp pro.

And I am currently on a Macbook, Issued by my school. We are alowed to take these things home, which I am not sure was to great of an Idea.

I am typing this while in between taking notes in my Biotechnology class.

Isn't it great to know some of your tax dollars are going towards children being on myspace and forums all day?