How many optical drives do YOU have???

How many optical drive do you have working on your computer???

Votes: 20 31.7%

Votes: 36 57.1%

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

fade2green514

1. no need for more, i dont do a whole lot of burning... and when i do most of the process is conversion. dual core cut that time in half, and core 2 duo from X2 almost cut it in half again :)

bball4life

2 - CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive and a DVD-RW

Taking out the combo drive to stick in a celery D rig I just assembled, its been unplugged for a bit anyways.

ADE

banned
Really? That's weird, since the files it uses are all stored on the HDD. It only requires you have the game disc in, so it know's you own the game...
Yah, it helps a lot with loading times and increases FPS and loads textures better. Amazing huh?:D Maybe only because my HDD is a Maxtor Dimond Max 10 3GB/s but hay, i could be wrong.

Rambo

Yah, it helps a lot with loading times and increases FPS and loads textures better. Amazing huh?:D Maybe only because my HDD is a Maxtor Dimond Max 10 3GB/s but hay, i could be wrong.

Well, I'm not totally convinced... The files are stored on your HDD, so using a Virtual Drive vs Physical Drive would make no difference (unless the game actually does require files from the disc [which most games don't]).

ADE

banned
Well, I'm not totally convinced... The files are stored on your HDD, so using a Virtual Drive vs Physical Drive would make no difference (unless the game actually does require files from the disc [which most games don't]).

I have noticed while playing F.E.A.R. That it needs to read from the disk in order to gather info on the loading level. Maybe a reference to where to look on the HDD. But all I can say is that my HDD reads at 3GB/s and my 56x CD-ROM only reads at 11MB/s (32 on bursts) and if you ask me that's a reason for a boost. And if it didn't help at all why create them in the first place????

footballstevo75

yeah, i got 4...

2 26X cd writers
and...
2 16X dvd burners

yup i make a lot of cd's and dvd's, in fact, they are almost constantly burning

i produce a lot of stuff for people's businesses, and presentations for what not