How much could I get if I sold this triple boot pc (with mac, windows, and linux)?

CamCracker

New Member
I have a dell dimension 4300s with a 1.6 or 1.7GHz pentium 4 processor. almost a gig of ram (1x 512mb, 1x 256mb,) It has 4 usb 1.0 slots and a pci card for 2 usb 2.0 slots. It has a pci wireless card. It has 2 80gb hard drives. One with Mac OSX86 10.5.6 (leopard) (OSX86 is Mac for a pc, same exact as mac on a mac) and the other 80 gb shares Ubuntu Linux 9.10 the latest and Windows XP fully activated with all needed software like antivirus, antispyware, firewall, firefox, cd/dvd buner software, and more. The pc has a dvd writer. The mac comes loaded with software, some paid for and some free. This is a great machine. I'm looking to sell it on either Craigslist or Ebay, but don't know how much I could get for it. I need a good price, since it's a good computer. It's fast, and does whatever you need it to do. Thanks for any help.
 
A P4? Dunno man, $100 tops, perhaps even less? P4 are like 3 generations old now and not worth anything.
 
A P4? Dunno man, $100 tops, perhaps even less? P4 are like 3 generations old now and not worth anything.

I'm sure I can get more than $100. It's a nice, fast computer. Just because it's a P4 doesn't make it bad. I'm sure it's worth way more than $100 since it's a nice desktop, with 3 operating systems, including a valid copy of windows xp, Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.6, and the latest Ubuntu. That's more than $200. Probably way more. So I need a good price. Thanks for any help! :D
 
No, I wouldn't pay over $100 for that. Considering $400-$500 from Dell would get me 3 to 4 times that computer hardware wise, with a video card that could handle most games on medium settings. Which also includes an OS.

P4s are not worth anything, and with how technology depreciates it never holds any sort of resell value. If anyone paid over $100 for that, they would be getting ripped off.
 
I agree with $100 tops...


The hardware is way to outdated for today, uses old USB interface (3.0 is on its way), less than 1 GB of what is more than likely old RAM, etc. The computer has little, or no, room to upgrade. You can build a far better machine by todays standards, use Ubuntu or some other free linux, for under $400.

Sorry to tell you, but if you asked me...you'd be lucky to see $100 =/
 
I'm sure I can get more than $100. It's a nice, fast computer. Just because it's a P4 doesn't make it bad.

Actually, yes. Yes it does. Especially since it's a low end P4.

By today's standards, that computer isn't fast in any sense of the word. Even a netbook would be several times faster than it.
 
Now that I rethink it, i would say $50 to $75 tops. I just remembered there is this place near my neighborhood that refurbishes and recycles older computers. You can get a P4 from them, with monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers for $75 total.
 
First: It doesn't matter what OS you have the hardware is what counts. I would agree it's not worth more then $100 or even that much....

SECOND:

including a valid copy of windows xp, Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.6, and the latest Ubuntu.

It is not valid. You can not legally run Mac OSX or any Apple OS on a PC.
http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/macosx106.pdf said:
APPLE INC.
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MAC OS X
Single Use, Family Pack and Leopard Upgrade Licenses for use on Apple-branded Systems
 
Back
Top