How much do you reckon my computer is worth

Jamie K Jukes

My computer is nothing fancy. I mainly used it for storage purposes because I hoard data.

It's about 4 years old and was built on a budget.

Case is just a cheapo big standard black thing
Couple of Red LED Silent fans
Samsung optical drive
120GB SANDISK SSD (Used for OS)
3x 500GB WD HDDs in RAID 0
3TB WD Drive for backup as RAID 0 has a downfall that if a drive fails then the whole thing is ****ed.

Asus A55BM-E M/B with an AMD A4 3GHz CUP
1x 8GB of cheapo RAM
1x 4GB of crucial RAM

Windows 10 Pro is digitally verified with it so you can install Pro on it if you wish.

Graphics card is a bit shit but I only wanted it for HDMI output, it's a 1GB Nvidia GeForce 730 I think

I know it's all a bit outdated but it's a good little work horse.

Obviously I know it's not gonna be worth as it would have been in parts when I first bought them but I'd hope for at least 200-300 quid.

Recommendations would great on a price. Thank you

Laquer Head

I honestly think, you're best bet would be to wipe out the data and try to sell the various drives individually. The case, fans, optical drive, cheapo ram, mobo, CPU are worth maybe $100 all in...

The various HDD's depending on their age/usage written to them.. a few bucks a piece.

I'd say you will be hard pressed to get 200-300 quid - sell em as pieces...as a unit there is little value. Aim for a customer that needs to beef up their own storage- not one that wants an old machine with unknown history.

Jamie K Jukes

I honestly think, you're best bet would be to wipe out the data and try to sell the various drives individually. The case, fans, optical drive, cheapo ram, mobo, CPU are worth maybe $100 all in...

The various HDD's depending on their age/usage written to them.. a few bucks a piece.

I'd say you will be hard pressed to get 200-300 quid - sell em as pieces...as a unit there is little value. Aim for a customer that needs to beef up their own storage- not one that wants an old machine with unknown history.

Not ideal. Its a pain because a lot of the shops here sell piles of rubbish for about 300 and they have 2-4gb of ram 500gb to 1tb of storage and an Ancient Celeron processor and just expect that you should be happy with it.

I guess I could cannibalise it for parts, boot and nuke the drives and then sell them.

Thank you for your advise, it's appreciated

Laquer Head

Not ideal. Its a pain because a lot of the shops here sell piles of rubbish for about 300 and they have 2-4gb of ram 500gb to 1tb of storage and an Ancient Celeron processor and just expect that you should be happy with it.

I guess I could cannibalise it for parts, boot and nuke the drives and then sell them.

Thank you for your advise, it's appreciated

I mean, let others chime in.. maybe others will think otherwise. I'm only one man and my opinion is just an opinion..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The system isn't worth much at all to be honest. You would be lucky to get $100 - 125 USD for that.