How much do you think my computer is worth?

MementoMori

New Member
I'm planning on selling my computer on ebay and I was wondering if i can get some insight on what it might be worth?

Dell XPS 400
Windows XP Media Center Home Edition Verson 2002
Service Pack 2
Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card
Creative SB X-Fi Sound card
6 Speaker Dell Surround sound with sub
20 in Flat panel monitor
CD/DVD Burner built in
 
Hmmmm...how old is the machine?
You said it had MCE of 2002 (although MS doesn't do years anymore) so,
I'm guessing it's 2002.

How about $400?
Because it's a Dell, subtract $100.

$300 max for this machine. It's too old.

OK... no more than $450.
 
Haha, ya unfortunatly thats true.
I wasnt planning on selling it anyway, I was thinking of giving it to a friend of mine when I build my new computer since he doesnt have one at all and this would be much better than nothing.(I say this even knowing that most of the time I feel like hurling it out the bedroom window, which happens to be on the second story):P
 
Computers have a very poor resale value. They don't hold value. This is why I just purchased a computer I built myself and I plan to keep it around five or six years only upgrading the processor, memory and perhaps a new video card unless parts break.
 
Back
Top