How Much Is It Worth?

So I need a faster processor if i'm going to upgrade the ram and graphics card?

No, not necessarily, I would upgrade it but not upgrade the graphics card to anything over a 7600GT. And RAM, yeah, 1Gb is easy. It would be a pretty nice computer after an upgrade like that.

NCIS330

Can you recommend a good graphics card that would work with a gig of ram without upgrading the processor? The only thing i'll use it for is maybe Counter Strike and college work and just IM.

NCIS330

Alright. The online manual says that 1GB is the max memory and I cracked the open and there are two slots for ram and only one is filled right now. So should I get two sticks of 516MB or 1 stick of 1GB?

If you have Dual Channel that is the only time you will need two sticks, I don't think yours is Dual Channel. 1 Stick is all you will need for it, IF no dual channel.

NCIS330

Yes I know how to take a screenshot but i'm not on the desktop, i'm on my laptop. Desktop won't turn on remember.

Last edited:
Oh whoops my bad, sorry. I didn't see anything about dual channel in the manual, and if it were you wouldn't see that big of a difference. It will be fine, just take the old stick out and put in the new one.

Dang, thats over $100 for ram. Is that the ONLY ram that will work?

Blame it on Dell, as far as I know that is the only thing that will work, that is why I haven't upgraded my Dell, it requires the special stuff. I have no idea why Dell can't be regular:rolleyes: My computer is way better than my Dell, I hate it.

NCIS330

Alright well I got the desktop running but i've ran into a small problem. When I plugged in my ethernet cable the computer didn't find it. I put in the CD's that Dell sent me and it still doesn't see it. I have a cable modem and when I tried to set a thing up for it in network connections it said the computer should automatically find it. Anybody know how to fix it?

Install the LAN drivers, then go to Control Panel, Network Connections, and "Create a New Connection". Go through the process and let Windows configure it, what ISP is it?

NCIS330

Well I tried but it won't let me. When I go to device manager to install it, it says to find network adapter and there isn't network adapters in the device manager.