How much is my monitor worth?

ckfordy

banned
I am thinking of selling my Dell 20.1'' monitor its widescreen and i have had it for about 6 months i think it has probably been less but i really dont know. it has no dead or stuck pixels or anything. How much is it worth?

Arm_Pit

banned
ckfordy said:
I am thinking of selling my Dell 20.1'' monitor its widescreen and i have had it for about 6 months i think it has probably been less but i really dont know. it has no dead or stuck pixels or anything. How much is it worth?
With just this information it cant properlly be priced, This could be a 50$-300$ moniter easy depending on the other specs.

What is the Responce time? (MS)
What is the Contrast Ratio? (1:XXX)
Whats the brightness?

wicked859

banned
dunno if you would be interested in trading, but i have a bunch of pc parts, xbox stuff, etc. pm me if interested

wicked859

banned
well, ps2 games, xbox games, ummm a few pc parts (not many), umm gba advance, gba advance games, umm.....a xbox.......i think thats it....

ckfordy

banned
Arm_Pit said:
With just this information it cant properlly be priced, This could be a 50$-300$ moniter easy depending on the other specs.

What is the Responce time? (MS)
What is the Contrast Ratio? (1:XXX)
Whats the brightness?

Response time i belive is 16ms but i have heard it 12ms and 16ms so i have no idea which one it is and there is absolutly no ghosting at all in games

Contrast Ration is 600:1

Brightness is 300 cd/m²

and it also has 2 usb ports on the side.

Geoff

VIP Member
Dell's are known to have very good quality monitors.

Since you paid $350 for it new 6 Months ago, I would say it's worth about $250-$275 now. Of course it will vary greatly depending on where you sell it.

Trizoy

VIP Member
I suppose this is the CRT because of the off size (20.1) but I would like to confirm this... CRT or LCD?

If it is LCD it would still be worth the 250$-325$ range. But you would probably get $275 (assuming great condition) from a local buyer. (because it is used..)

Trizoy

VIP Member
ckfordy said:
its a LCD i dont think they make a widescreen CRT.

They do some weird things... The 50-70$ range given above is what a 20" crt would go for.

Go look on www.craigslist.com and look in your city. See what others are selling for. Then post an ad. No shipping, and the person might pick it up!

Good luck..

ckfordy

banned
Trizoy said:
They do some weird things... The 50-70$ range given above is what a 20" crt would go for.

Go look on www.craigslist.com and look in your city. See what others are selling for. Then post an ad. No shipping, and the person might pick it up!

Good luck..

they only list 3 towns and mine is not on there i live in madison minnesota and it has a population of 1,768 people so am i not looking in the right place or what.

Trizoy

VIP Member
ckfordy said:
they only list 3 towns and mine is not on there i live in madison minnesota and it has a population of 1,768 people so am i not looking in the right place or what.

It is for larger metrolpoltan areas... You can find someone close by, and ship it... Or try to drop it off when you travel over that way. You could drop the price and ship it also. Ebay has buy now prices set at 279-289.. So if you want to try that... Set the price to sell no lower than ~250-270 (+20$ shipping)

ckfordy

banned
Trizoy said:
It is for larger metrolpoltan areas... You can find someone close by, and ship it... Or try to drop it off when you travel over that way. You could drop the price and ship it also. Ebay has buy now prices set at 279-289.. So if you want to try that... Set the price to sell no lower than ~250-270 (+20$ shipping)

ok thanks ill probably do that.