How much is my PC worth?

Torguy

Hey guys,

I am thinking of selling my computer to get the money and get a better computer. How much do you guys think its worth, below are my specs:

E8400 3.0Ghz
Asus P5Q Pro Turbo
EVGA 9600 GT
4Gb Patriot RAM
230Gb Western Digital
Antec Sonata III 500 (computer case)

Feedback would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:

jamesd1981

everythings pretty good apart from hdd, its quite small for nowadays, and with the spec of your system would probably be someone who has at least basic knowledge of pc`s.

are you selling just the tower alone, or with screen, keyboard etc ?

i would say just the tower it`s worth at least £150 probably up to £200

Torguy

everythings pretty good apart from hdd, its quite small for nowadays, and with the spec of your system would probably be someone who has at least basic knowledge of pc`s.

are you selling just the tower alone, or with screen, keyboard etc ?

i would say just the tower it`s worth at least £150 probably up to £200

Yea just alone, nothing else included, not even Windows.

jamesd1981

so you are selling the system blank, that would be where i think some people might be put off a bit, id say most ppl want a working system they can just plug in and go, i always find the you know your system is worth more, but the catch is to get it sold what else can ppl get for the same price. i say its still got to be worth £150, start there and see how it goes, you can advertise for free on gumtree and adtrader.

Torguy

so you are selling the system blank, that would be where i think some people might be put off a bit, id say most ppl want a working system they can just plug in and go, i always find the you know your system is worth more, but the catch is to get it sold what else can ppl get for the same price. i say its still got to be worth £150, start there and see how it goes, you can advertise for free on gumtree and adtrader.

Yea thats a good point I guess.

Thanks lol.

Last edited:

jamesd1981

afraid you not allowed to discuss anything concerning pirate, torrent, or copied software, id edit that out your last post mate, dont get me wrong selling it blank will lower your target buyers but there are plenty of people with their own full copied of windows that wont be put off by that, or you could consider buying a cheap oem copy of xp or windows 7 to stick on it, you might still be better off that way, and if you are selling it with an actual windows disc that is quite rare and would be very appealing to any buyer.

Torguy

afraid you not allowed to discuss anything concerning pirate, torrent, or copied software, id edit that out your last post mate, dont get me wrong selling it blank will lower your target buyers but there are plenty of people with their own full copied of windows that wont be put off by that, or you could consider buying a cheap oem copy of xp or windows 7 to stick on it, you might still be better off that way, and if you are selling it with an actual windows disc that is quite rare and would be very appealing to any buyer.

Those are some great points which I will take into consideration. Thanks a lot man.

Cheers.

funkysnair

VIP Member
split it up and sell it on ebay...

cpu £80+ (E8400 is still a sought after chip)
mobo £40+
ram £50+ (ddr2 sells very well)
gpu £40+
hard drive £10+

thats how i would do it

Torguy

split it up and sell it on ebay...

cpu £80+ (E8400 is still a sought after chip)
mobo £40+
ram £50+ (ddr2 sells very well)
gpu £40+
hard drive £10+

thats how i would do it

I would do that but I need to make a certain total amount and have it all sold for sure in order to collect the money for a new computer.

Good idea though, cheers.