How much power my computer needs to run

genbrown

New Member
Specs:

MOBO: ASUS M2N68-AM SE2
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor
RAM: Wintec AMPX 2gb PC6400 (Timing 5-5-5-18) and Corsair PC6400 (CGM2X2G800) 2gb (Timing 5-5-5-18)
Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce 9600 GSO 1GB
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
PSU: 500 WATT

What I'm wondering is if I remove the current graphics card and replace it with the EVGA Geforce 9800GTX+, will I have enough power with the current PSU?
 
500 watts would be plenty for that system. What brand is it?

I have one of those kill a watt meters and according to that my system only uses 300 watts while running prime95 and furmark at the same time. While playing BF:BC2, it only uses 240 watts.
 
As the other guys said, as long as it's a decent brand 500W should be juuust fine. I have a similar comp with an Athlon X4 and a 9800 with a 500w OCZ which has worked just fine for about 6 months.
 
Back
Top