How much should i sell my Laptop for?

helmie

Hi,
I am going to build my own computer, so im going to sell my laptop. How much should i sell it for?
Here are the specs:

Patriot 2453
3.06 GHz P4
20GB HDD
768MB RAM (1 512MB, 1 256MB, got another 256mb spare)
15" Screen
Firewire
USB 2.0
PCIMA Slot
Printer Port
IRDA
64MB nVidia GeForce4 440 Go Graphics with video out
External 52X Asus CD-RW
DVD ROM built in
XP Home
££$$$££$$££ of software installed, inc Adobe Photoshop CS2, Lots of macromedia software, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Office, All CD-RW software included.

Boxed with manuals, CDRW Boxed, With a laptop bag and a little usb fan and light.

How much should i ask for this?

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Depends on the condition, lets say its in very good condition with a few scratches and stuff.

I'd say about $800-$1000.

helmie

Well the "S" key is a little sticky (you have to press it a little harder to type), and the screen flickers when its a certain position (why i dont know all i have to do is move it and on it comes again)

What would be the price now in £?

Lax

VIP Member
I've quite honestly never heard of Patriot. But with the specs as is prolly around 900-1200$

helmie

Its the same as an Advent 7014. Im not sure why its called patriot, maybe they bought some off advent, improved it and sold it on..... :rolleyes:

Geoff

VIP Member
I've heard of Patriot memory, but never personally used it. And with those circumstances, id say its worth around $900 or so, which acording to elmarcorulz, is £488.417.

X24

Well, it depends where u sell it at, but i'd really think 750-900 depending on a few more things, such as weight battery life, how old it is ect.

X24

haha, i have photoshop, 3dsMax, adobe edition, all the microsoft office and stuff on this one! i doubt i would really charge any more if i wre to sell it, i mean, i'd just keep a copy for my next pc.

helmie

Well its about 1 year old, and battery life is only about 2 hours (it is really a desktop replacement).

The disks for CS2 ect will not be included (Im keeping them myself) but the software will be on the HDD.

Im going to Erase the HDD soon, the reinstall the programs.