How old is your pc or laptop

alyoob

My desktop PC was purchased on 10/30/2013 and is 10 years 2 months and 29 days old and is still running fine. I use it almost everyday. Post how old your pc is and if you still have the original receipt please post.

Attachments

• Computer Receipt  - Copy.JPG
    Computer Receipt - Copy.JPG
    869.7 KB · Views: 3

beers

Staff member
Which one? Does it count if you've swapped out most of the components?

The oldest one in my house is a gateway mx6959 laptop from 2006 or so which could almost be a legal adult today, my wife uses it to watch stuff at night in bed. Still has an integrated 56k modem lol.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
My most recent rig was built in 2020. Or 2021. I don't remember exactly. I just know it was during the pandemic.

alyoob

Which one? Does it count if you've swapped out most of the components?

The oldest one in my house is a gateway mx6959 laptop from 2006 or so which could almost be a legal adult today, my wife uses it to watch stuff at night in bed. Still has an integrated 56k modem lol.
Yes, I will let it slide.

Harry Houdini

I got my laptop in August 2016 for $1300 but now it's getting slower so probably need to get something new

Lenovo ideapad Y700-15ISK 80NV

7 years and 6 month's old

novicegeek

I still have a laptop computer from the early 90s with a floppy disk (A drive) slot. It came with a case, which was a blessing because those things were heavy (about 13 pounds). Imagine a 13 pound laptop. Not really convenient.

It's a Chaplet Systems Model LA-30A.

A link to one like it is here.

I think it came with 1MB of RAM and ran Windows 3.0. It has a monochrome screen that looks gray with blue characters, if I remember correctly. All I used it for was as a word processor, but it really didn't have the graphics for anything else. It looked old school for sure - think MS-DOS (or command prompt for those who don't know what DOS is anymore).

It's been a good minutes since I fired this baby up, but sometime, just for kicks, I think I'll give it a try at some point in the future.