How particular are you about your peripherals?

bopper

I'm shopping for a bluetooth, backlit keyboard. There's a lot of options and types, but not a ton of hardcore fanboy type opinions it seems. I've never cared about the keyboard before. I've typed thousands of words on my laptop keyboard and whatever cheapo keyboard that libraries have and never had a second thought about the keyboard. I'm assuming most of them are membrane type. Now that I'm buying one I'm discovering that options exist. The two Im looking at right now are Logitech MX Keys (scissor) and MX Mechanical ($100 and $160... WOW!!!). I'm going to stop into bestbuy and try some out, but does it really matter for an office keyboard?

tremmor

A keyboard was always about being comfortable with it for me.
And then all those features built on it may not be needed or used.
its what ya like.

bopper

That's the problem. It's all subjective... and I haven't been paying atention to what I'm using. Now that I am, I dont like this cheapie k270 i'm using right now. The keys aren't consistent enough. I bet I can find a cheaper one than what I listed before cause all I want is good typing keys and bluetooth. There seems to only be a few key types and the rest I don't care about.

bopper

So there's an entire industry for keyboards. I had no idea! I don't think I'll be able to buy a regular production keyboard knowing what's out there. I've probably spent 4 hr reading so far, and will probably dedicate many more hr before getting something and putting it together.