How to back up the data on my phone?

Dimitri

On two occasions in the last four or so days my phone got stuck in boot loop, but fortunately got out of it eventually. Since it seems things are taking an ugly turn I'd like to back my data up.

What I got in there that I need to save are pictures, videos and Google Keep notes.

What's the best way to back this stuff up?

The pictures and videos I could just transfer to my computer, but how do I back up the Keep notes?

_Glitch

Don't know about keep notes, but your pictures and videos can easily be backed up with Google Photos.
I have set it up to automatically backup my stuff to my Google Drive.
That way i can at any point have my phone stolen or destroyed, all my photos will be safe.

Last edited:

_Glitch

Just checked out Google Keep.
You can choose to have your notes backed up together with all other google services.
Go to: Settings -> accounts -> google. And check if "keep" is checked.

Dimitri

Just checked out Google Keep.
You can choose to have your notes backed up together with all other google services.
Go to: Settings -> accounts -> google. And check if "keep" is checked.

Which app do I do this in? I can't seem to find it neither in Keep nor Google Photos.

Last edited:

Hakerty

Which app do I do this in? I can't seem to find it neither in Keep nor Google Photos.
I don't know why anyone would recommend it, it didn't work for me at all as my phone data can not be backup with it , maybe it depends on the size of the data ,
By the way , if you have a lot of data that you want to backup , i suggest you can try using some professional data backup tools .

Last edited:

_Glitch

Didn't see the last post Dimitri. Sorry about that. Hope you have figured it out.
If not.
The direction i gave you was just on your Android phones settings. Are you using iPhone??

Backing up images from Google Photos is straight forward as well. Open Google Photos, go to settings, click "backup and sync" and just activate it.
You can also go through some options for how and when to backup.

I don't understand why you 2 have such issues with it. If you are on iPhones, than that might be it. I don't know, i don't use any apple products.

Dimitri

Didn't see the last post Dimitri. Sorry about that. Hope you have figured it out.
If not.
The direction i gave you was just on your Android phones settings. Are you using iPhone??

Backing up images from Google Photos is straight forward as well. Open Google Photos, go to settings, click "backup and sync" and just activate it.

I don't understand why you 2 have such issues with it. If you are on iPhones, than that might be it. I don't know, i don't use any apple products.

Thanks, I found the photos thing and as for Keep, I found out the notes are automatically stored in the cloud and you can access them via an internet browser.

Hakerty

If not.

Nice , thanks