How to capture Closed Caption?

newbie2005

Hi folks,

I have S-video connection hooking up between my computer & cable box, and it allows me to capture some nice quality video/audio. Is it possible to capture the Closed Caption?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I don't beleive captions isn't send though that type of connection. Now, if you cut them on whatever they are comming out of, it should up on the output. But otherwise, I'm quite sure you can only get video...

Some programs have the abililty to show captions, but once again, I don't think it'll work with svideo. I think you have to have a tv tuner.

lynx6200

If your only using an s-vido connection, you can only get video through that cable. You need a second type of connection to get audio. However, since captions isnt really audio, it is displayed on the screen, so if you can get your cable box to show captions, your computer may record that, but captions are usualy enabled through the TV, so you should have some type of option to use captions in the video player you are using.

newbie2005

The software (PVR Plus) came with the tv tuner card. It does not contain the option which would otherwise allow user to capture closed caption. I'm not sure if it's the software's fault, or the fault of the capture device.

My tv definitely supports closed caption. If I plug a cable between my computer & tv (instead of the digial cable box), perhaps I could capture everything.