How to change password for server.

huckleberry

Hello there, first time post and relative computer novice.

I'm currently running a HP NC7781 Gigabit Small Business Server (serving 4 computers), and upon set-up of this I devolved responsibility onto an employee of mine. This has been all fine and well, however, he is now in breach of his contract of employment (gross negligence) and thus, I wish to change my security settings for the said server.

As stated, i'm a novice re. computer servers, so would appreciate - if possible - a step-by-step guide on how to achieve a password change

Vipernitrox

Uhmm i'd like to help you but ehh. The HP NC7781 your referring to is a Gigabit network card... ;)

What kind of operating system are you running? You're probably running windows, if so you can use the buttons windows + pause to find out about your operating system.

huckleberry

Uhmm i'd like to help you but ehh. The HP NC7781 your referring to is a Gigabit network card... ;)

What kind of operating system are you running? You're probably running windows, if so you can use the buttons windows + pause to find out about your operating system.

Windows XP

wellhellothere

Start > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers > Search for said user, and right click on that user > Reset Password.

This is ofcourse, assuming that you simply want to change a users password.

huckleberry

Do you want to change the password to the server or change the password to his logon?

I'm not sure whether he has his own username etc, so the password to the server would be preferable. Thank you for the response thus far, i'll change my password login details later.

huckleberry

Am I able to change his log-on password to. I have been able to change the server password, as instructed, but i'm not sure if this has prevented him from gaining access.