how to change sata mode back to achi mode

piano0011

Hi guys,

Initially I was trying to fix a virus issue on my lenovo b 50 series. I read somewhere that I should try to change my sata mode from achi to ide mode but after trying that, my monitor isn't displaying anything. I can hear that the pc and the fan are working just can't see anything. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Geoff

VIP Member
Reboot and go back into the BIOS and change it back. If you make that change usually you can't boot back into the OS.

piano0011

but it doesn't show anything on the monitor. Is as though that I am using the computer without anything displayed on the screen. I don't even know where to go.. thanks!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Changing sata mode won't stop your monitor from displaying anything. Sounds like you have a possible loose video cable.

Geoff

VIP Member
but it doesn't show anything on the monitor. Is as though that I am using the computer without anything displayed on the screen. I don't even know where to go.. thanks!
Changing the SATA mode has zero impact on your computer display video up until the boot process, you would still see the POST screen, and would likely be presented with a boot failure message. It's likely something else got messed up during this. make sure all your cables are secure, turn off your computer, and when you turn it on try pressing DEL, F2, or F4 until you see the BIOS.