How to change the primary Gmail account?

This is for a laptop, not a phone.

I have several different Gmail accounts. It always logs into one particular account first when I go to gmail.com. How do I change which one it logs in to first?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Clear your browser cache and cookies. You will need to login again, but it should not remember the accounts you've used previously.

Clear your browser cache and cookies. You will need to login again, but it should not remember the accounts you've used previously.

Is there a way to do that specifically only for Gmail? I have a lot of passwords and form information saved. I'd hate to lose something I don't remember.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There is no automatic way to select which account to login to since you have many. If its that important, use a different browser to sign into the other accounts so that way only one account is on that browser.

Darren

Staff member
Log out of all accounts then login to CHROME with the account you want to use. Not gmail, but Chrome itself. That should make it the default.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to do that specifically only for Gmail? I have a lot of passwords and form information saved. I'd hate to lose something I don't remember.
No easy way that I know of.

To prevent it saving, you could use incognito/inprivate/whatever they call it, to log into gmail with the other accounts. But since it's already there I think you're stuck unless you delete cookies and/or cache. You may be able to manually delete the google account cookie, but that may not get them all.