how to configure outlook

cohen

i sometimes use windows live mail... because its the best that ive found... windows mail doesnt support hotmail anymore and there was a reason for outlook which i have forgotten :)

anyway i either use windows live mail or just login to hotmail...
i have my hotmail,gmail and aol accounts redirected to my windows live mail.

i used to use hotmail / windows live mail, but i could get yahoo at school, so i switched to that and i like it, i have my hotmail forwarded to that address and i have 2 x hotmail, 1 x yahoo (use for msn) 1 x gmail, 1 x ISP e-mail.

robina_80

i tried to use windows live mail but it doesnt like my gmail account it says get an hotmail account, what about what you said about the program?

Last edited:

cohen

i tried to use windows live mail but it doesnt like my gmail account it says get an hotmail account, what about what you said about the program?

yeah, you need a hotmail account for that..... otherwise i don't know of another program beside outlook.... sorry :eek:

robina_80

that sucks but if i were to get a hotmail account do i have to download the windows live program or just sign up on there website for a windows live mail account, do you see what i mean???

cohen

that sucks but if i were to get a hotmail account do i have to download the windows live program or just sign up on there website for a windows live mail account, do you see what i mean???

sign up online and then configure windows live mail for the account - put e-mail + password and your away.

robina_80

what im trying to say is do you still have to go onto the weband enter your password to see your emails or is it just like outlook open it up and your away and it actually deletes your emails when you delete them

Kesava

nah you can use your gmail account with windows live mail. and im pretty sure it will delete the mail in your gmail account... you wont have to sign into in online and change everything there too.

firstly you need to make a .net passport for your gmail account.
go to www.passport.net and under the "Use an e-mail address you already have" option, click "get started now.

do what it asks you there.. and once thats complete your gmail account should be able to be used for any function that needs a .net passport... including windows live mail.
at least this is how i did it.
also you have to sign into your gmail account and go to "settings" then "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" and then enable IMAP. although maybe you have to enable POP. not sure. do both :)

now it should work in windows live mail

cohen

what im trying to say is do you still have to go onto the weband enter your password to see your emails or is it just like outlook open it up and your away and it actually deletes your emails when you delete them

If you go into windows live mail and delete a message it will delete it online as well.

nah you can use your gmail account with windows live mail. and im pretty sure it will delete the mail in your gmail account... you wont have to sign into in online and change everything there too.

firstly you need to make a .net passport for your gmail account.
go to www.passport.net and under the "Use an e-mail address you already have" option, click "get started now.

do what it asks you there.. and once thats complete your gmail account should be able to be used for any function that needs a .net passport... including windows live mail.
at least this is how i did it.
also you have to sign into your gmail account and go to "settings" then "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" and then enable IMAP. although maybe you have to enable POP. not sure. do both :)

now it should work in windows live mail

Good Point, that is what i have done :D