How to Customize Screen Resolution?

Hi,

I purchased 2 Dell UltraSharp 2711 monitors and looking to customize the screen resolution. I'm running an AMD Radeon RX470, which the AMD Radeon settings have the Custom Resolutions to type in what you want. Now, when I type in the numbers I want to run. It doesn't allow me. It states, "The custom resolution settings are not compatible with this display. Reconfigure you settings and try again." Which, I've done multiple times. And, of course the UltraSharps are able to withhold a high resolution.

Any idea... Please, feel free to let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I did that and for some reason, when I type the resolutions I want to run it doesn't allow me.

I just realized the AMD FreeSync (whatever that is), states Not supported.

I'm running HDMI's. Maybe I need Display Ports or another connection?

Last edited by a moderator:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
HDMI should be fine. The monitor has to support free sync for it to be enabled. Could try a dvi cable just to make sure.

According to Dell.com, they don't have any monitors that support freesync. So... does this mean I need a different graphics card?

I'm not even sure but somewhere around 2300 x 1200. I'm not to familiar with the correct numbers I'd need but it would be around that.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
According to dell documentation, hdmi only goes up to 1080p. You'll need dvi or display port to achieve that resolution.