How to dissociate an already-hacked computer from your real identity..?

KingNeil

Let's say that you have a computer that is hiding behind a dedicated Tor Ethernet hotspot.

So let's assume the computer got hacked by web browser exploit.

So it is hacked, but it is still connected via a Tor Ethernet.

Therefore, the hacker can see WHAT you are doing, but not WHO you are, i.e. your real IP.

So... I want to operate in this environment.

What kinds of things would I do to stop this laptop from being tied to me..?

I will give you a list of things I thought of... I would like you to add to this list or correct anything I got wrong.

1. Laptop manufacturer

2. System spec

3. Wipe/re-install the BIOS and HDD from any previous attacks

4. Lists of programs installed. Perhaps only install a web browser and nothing else

5. Don't visit sites in your ordinary browsing routine on clearnet

6. Typing style / speed / vocabulary / language / typos, i.e. forensic linguistics

7. Time of the day that you use the computer.. clock on the machine..

8. Physically remove the webcam, mic

9. Physically remove the WiFi chip, so it can't scan for nearby networks and devices. So the only connection is directly by Ethernet to the Tor hotspot

10. Don't type your real name, or log into any accounts tied to your real name.

What do you think..?

Agent Smith

Hacking into one's computer isn't really something you need to worry about. Your router more so. Always update it's firmware. Many don't bother and I've seen many rouge connections to my site from hacked routers. And people wonder why their Internet is so slow. They just become a Zombie with massive amounts of bandwidth consumed. If it's a concern, prevent it from happening in the first place. Perhaps use an ITX computer with adequate RAM and dual NICs and use Sophos Firewall, PFsense or Untangle. You could even try Snort. I wrote on my blog all the bad things associated with Tor, namely the exit nodes and how the NSA and FBI have gotten their mitts into it. You should use a VPN and then Tor. Pay for the VPN with a Bitcoin wallet and wash your coins. I would use a USB version of Tails for this reason and use Persistence. Tails has a bit coin wallet, but I can't remember the name. https://darknetmarkets.org/a-simple-guide-to-safely-and-effectively-mixing-bitcoins/

If you are hacked, it's game over. They can get your real IP.