How to exit System Recovery on HP desktop

davemart94

I have a HP Pavilion Slimline desktop computer with windows 7. Model S5510f my computer kept trying to update windows the computer went to update and I turned off computer its stuck in System Recovery manager. I do not want to do a system recovery as I will lose everything on my computer. I tried using F8 it does not work on my pc. This is my only pc. Does anyone know how I can get back to the regular windows start up. I am seeing these pics when it starts up. Thanks David

Attachments

• 0208182110.jpg
    0208182110.jpg
    790.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 0208182111.jpg
    0208182111.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 5

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Turning the computer off while it was updating was not a good thing to do. Its most likely booting to recovery because it doesn't detect a bootable windows installation. You will most likely have to back up your data by attaching your drive to another system first and then reinstall windows, then copy your data back.

_Pete_

Have you tried the startup repair tool. that should only repair the startup and boot files. But as johnb35 says you have probably junked Windows. I take it you haven't backed up your personal files either.