How to fix wifi affecting ping?

Killer

Hello, i have just got another problem, the problem is whenever i use wifi, it affects my brother's ping while he is playing a game, actually he plays browser games. So i was wondering if there's a way to make wifi not affect his ping. I'm looking forward to your answers. (Is there any grammatical errors in this post?)

Geoff

VIP Member
If he plays browser based games, latency/ping likely isn't a huge concern. What exactly are you doing on the WiFi when he's trying to game? If you're streaming video, downloading files, etc. it's going to effect him. The amount this will effect him does depend on how fast your internet connection is as well.

Killer

First off, how fast is the internet you have? What router do you have?

1mbps, i have a wireless one

If he plays browser based games, latency/ping likely isn't a huge concern. What exactly are you doing on the WiFi when he's trying to game? If you're streaming video, downloading files, etc. it's going to effect him. The amount this will effect him does depend on how fast your internet connection is as well.

I usually watch video on youtube, is there a way to make wifi not affect his ping? My internet connect is about 1mbps, unfortunately the internet in my country is slow and expensive.

Darren

Staff member
1mbps will limit you to pretty much doing only one thing at a time. Streaming even 480p on a connection like that will cripple it.

Geoff

VIP Member
1mbps, i have a wireless one

I usually watch video on youtube, is there a way to make wifi not affect his ping? My internet connect is about 1mbps, unfortunately the internet in my country is slow and expensive.
That's the problem, when you start streaming video you saturate the bandwidth. You could set up QoS or limit your PC to only a portion of that 1Mbps connection, but otherwise he will continue to get lag in games. You would really need to look at upgrading your internet.