How to get more Space to C

Chandima

I reformatted my computer and installed Windows-7 again. However, the people who did that have allocated only 14 GB for drive C. Now it is totally full. There are over 500 GB of free space in other drives.

How can I get those free spaces added to C (is it possible)?

Sorry for my Novice knowledge

StrangleHold

Staff member
You never said if all three partitions are on the same drive, or do you have two/three harddrives? My guess is its the same drive or the C and D is on one drive and E is a different drive.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Someone didn't partition the drive correctly :rolleyes:

And once again I ignored the title bar and everything Wonderboy said....

Chandima

Someone didn't partition the drive correctly :rolleyes:

And once again I ignored the title bar and everything Wonderboy said....

It is the same drive where all C D and E located. Yes, the guys who installed WINDOWS7 have wrongly partition the drive. Now what I want to know is whether I can get some space from D or E and add to C without making any changes to the existing software or OS

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It is the same drive where all C D and E located. Yes, the guys who installed WINDOWS7 have wrongly partition the drive. Now what I want to know is whether I can get some space from D or E and add to C without making any changes to the existing software or OS

Best way would be to download a liveCD of GParted (since it has a GUI and is easier to understand.) Shrink (or delete) another partition, and then just expand the C drive.

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/index.php

wolfeking

banned
it can be done through windows 7, no need for Gparted. go to the start menu and type partition in the search box and hit enter. Then select the d/e or bot space that you want to give to the c drive right click and select delete. Then go to teh c drive right click and hit expand and follow the wizard that will guide you and expand the C drive.

wolfeking

banned
again, that is not the easiest way to do it, and if you run it through the windows partition manager then you don't need to download anything.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Like wolfeking said. If you have 7, just drag any files you want to save to the E partition from D. Format D, then merge D with C. But back up anything important just in case you end up pissing in a fan.

Last edited: