How to get network adapter driver if no internet connection?

Qwertyn

Just reinstalled Windows 10 on a desktop. No internet connection. Windows 10 asks for a network adapter driver.
How to get network adapter driver if no internet connection?

Installed this driver Wired_PROSet_27.7_x64 but it did not help.

Several computers are connected to the home network. How to find the right driver on another desktop?

Last edited:

jimmymac

VIP Member
If you got to your device manager, then under network adapters does it tell you there what your network adapter is called?

DavidG

You can also download Intel Driver and support assistant using a working computer onto a flash drive and copy it on to your computer, then run it. It should be able to identify which network adapter. After that you can download the correct drivers

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Basically just need to know exact model of computer if its store bought or model of motherboard ifs its a custom built pc. Then download the driver software to a usb and install that way.

beers

Staff member
As per John you need to know some specifics here. If it's a prebuilt then the model number at the support section of the vendor's website should give you the appropriate drivers. If it's a custom build then the motherboard manufacturer typically has the drivers for the onboard NIC.

Then you can simply put them on a USB drive and move them to that PC.

Qwertyn

Now I got another problem during installation - Cannot install drivers No Intel(R) adapters are present in this computer.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go into device manager. What does it show? Can you show me a screenshot of it? If not I'll need you to give me the 4 digit vendor and device ID numbers. They will look like this. Right click on each device still needing a driver, click on properties, then click on the details tab, then change the property to hardware id's Need the 4 digit codes after VEN and DEV in the first line.

device id's.jpg

Qwertyn

Go into device manager. What does it show? Can you show me a screenshot of it? If not I'll need you to give me the 4 digit vendor and device ID numbers. They will look like this. Right click on each device still needing a driver, click on properties, then click on the details tab, then change the property to hardware id's Need the 4 digit codes after VEN and DEV in the first line.

View attachment 10984
I think picture 1 is what you need?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 5

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member

Qwertyn

Well the 8086 2723 is an Intel AX200 wifi adapter. Click on the top blue box on that page.

And the other is a Realtek adapter

1) I downloaded
Windows 11*, Windows 10, 64-bit *Size: 35.5 MB SHA1: 29D30E0D7E18D83FD6C42884BB00FD39CECEDC80
Is it correct?

2) When I try to get https://www.realtek.com/en/directly-download?downloadid=4f276228768c92eef0b20229c2e35f2c
I have in Chinese - The product link is empty, please find the product from the download center page and click the download icon to download normally.
I have tried 4 browser - the same result.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
1) I downloaded
Windows 11*, Windows 10, 64-bit *Size: 35.5 MB SHA1: 29D30E0D7E18D83FD6C42884BB00FD39CECEDC80
Is it correct?
Yes

For the other one try this one instead.

Then when the page loads, click on the first link where it says "Win10 Auto Installation Program (NDIS)" It should take you to another page that will have a download file box to click on, then take you to captcha code to enter. You'll end up downloading a zipped file so you'll have to unzip it first and run the setup program.