how to increase internet speed using 2 nic

chrisalviola

is this possible? what i did was use 2 nic on my pc and plug rj45 on both with internet connection but what happen is only 1 nic does all the activities, is there a way so that both nic does the sending and receiving of files?

Emperor_nero

I'm not really sure I know what you're talking about.Are you really talking about an internet connection? Or an internal network?

Because , A: no I don't know of anyway to do what you're asking, and B: most internet connections don't come close to reaching the speeds of NICs.

chrisalviola

I'm not really sure I know what you're talking about.Are you really talking about an internet connection? Or an internal network?

Because , A: no I don't know of anyway to do what you're asking, and B: most internet connections don't come close to reaching the speeds of NICs.

yes i was talking about internet connection, what i want is like a dual channel for internet connection, like having2 pcs running on internet on 1 pc.

EricH

I think I know what your asking. No, it won't work.
If we could increase our internet connection by simply adding NIC's, everyone would.

Instead, you must purchase increased internet bandwith from your ISP.

brian

VIP Member
you could- i think. however you would need 2 seperate internet connections and then you bond them. like a bonded T1 however i dont know how you do it and if it is possable on a computer...

WhiteFireDragon

for your application, no it's not possible. if it was, then everyone with wifi and ethernet port would use wired + wireless to increase bandwidth.