How to install xp pro-64

boxster

I have just downloaded the trial version of window xp professional 64-bit, I hope to install it without deleting my current os media center. I get the file from the iso by using deamon tool, then recorded to a cd. but every time I reboot, it directly jump to my current os without booting from cd though i changed BIOS setting to cd booting. so, what's the problem?

boxster

i use daemon tool to open the downloaded iso, and burn all the file to cd, anything wrong with that?
is it necessary to modify the booting file?
if cannot use a burned cd, is it possible to setup from hdisk? how?

Jabes

banned
i use daemon tool to open the downloaded iso, and burn all the file to cd, anything wrong with that?
is it necessary to modify the booting file?
if cannot use a burned cd, is it possible to setup from hdisk? how?

I use magic ISO to burn to a disk try that I think theres a free trial on their site

boxster

thanks, it's done. i used another burning tool, nero doesnt work...
xp-64 seems no difference... i lost all the drivers, including my widescreen...

any one think there's really an improvement in performance while switching to 64-bit os, since my cpu is amd 64x2?

Jabes

banned
thanks, it's done. i used another burning tool, nero doesnt work...
xp-64 seems no difference... i lost all the drivers, including my widescreen...

any one think there's really an improvement in performance while switching to 64-bit os, since my cpu is amd 64x2?

nah not xp x64 but vista x64 is good more drivers

boxster

i also wish to install vista 64, but also a bit worried that sometimes the whole vista sys may slow ur machine down if ur computer is not powerful enough, like mine......is that true?

Geoff

VIP Member
Theres no way you can only boot from the HD, how did you install the OS in the first place? If you have the drive set to boot first, then the problem could be that the CD you burned isnt a bootable CD.

Jabes

banned
i also wish to install vista 64, but also a bit worried that sometimes the whole vista sys may slow ur machine down if ur computer is not powerful enough, like mine......is that true?

well I have 2 gigs of ram and am running windows vista ultimate 64 bit and I like it but I just ordered another 2 gigs of ram cuz it uses about 40-50%