how to learn photoshop

Troncoso

VIP Member
Hello. I'd love to learn how to use photoshop to a decent degree. I've watched youtube videos, but can't find any actual lessons or whatnot. Anyone know of a guide or tutorial or something of that nature that explains it fairly well? it can cost or be free. Thanks a lot.

lubo4444

Just type in google:

adobe photoshop tutorials for beginners

You will get a lot of tutorials on how to start and get to know it.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
There's not too much to learn about photoshop. Just a few basic tools and such. The rest of it is just practice and creativity. There plenty of photoshop tutorials out there to do many cool affects, just google!

lubo4444

There's not too much to learn about photoshop. Just a few basic tools and such. The rest of it is just practice and creativity. There plenty of photoshop tutorials out there to do many cool affects, just google!

+1. I learned it by doing cool tricks from google. Everything else is the same. You just have to practice so you can get used to it.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Just type in google:

adobe photoshop tutorials for beginners

You will get a lot of tutorials on how to start and get to know it.

Haha. I tried to word it so many ways. But this way got me what I needed. I don't want some magical 'make me an expert' guide or anything just something that explains what each tool does and what its good for. I hate having to run to google everytime I don't know which one to use.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Reading what a tool does and using it is a different thing I find. If you get some tutorials for how to do specific things that others have, you will learn what tool does what as you go along.

http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/

http://psd.tutsplus.com/category/tutorials/

If you want to know what does what, then read the documentation, which you can get here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/photoshop/gettingstarted/index.html

What I want is both. To read what the tool does, how to use it, and when to use it. I appreciate the tutorials. Before I dive into those though, I actually found on adobe.com beginner tutorials on various little things. I've learned a lot already, including all those hot keys that make life easier.

Intel_man

VIP Member
With photoshop, it all depends on what kind of art you're into. Vexel art is a type of art drawn in Photoshop, but it is completely different than to let's say, edit photos and such.

carnatic

What I want is both. To read what the tool does, how to use it, and when to use it. I appreciate the tutorials. Before I dive into those though, I actually found on adobe.com beginner tutorials on various little things. I've learned a lot already, including all those hot keys that make life easier.

My advice if you don't know what a tool does and don't fancy reading paragraphs of tutorial about it is to simply try using it and see for yourself what it does. If you don't like you can always undo.

dave10

banned

I have also same opinion, the rest depends on your creativity and practice.

Geoff

VIP Member
There is a TON to learn about photoshop, search for some guides online and there are endless possibilities with that program.