How to lock 4G to off permanently?

johnnyb58

I have a tablet that I only use for Music and sometimes take photos. I only use WIFI when I need to upload or download. My wife has a Smartphone and we share data which she only uses when we are out of town otherwise we both only use WIFI.

My problem is that my tablet sometimes restarts completely on its own, shuts off Airplane mode and turns on 4G. I don't know why, but I suspect its something with Amazon Prime Music App.

I don't EVER want to use 4G for anything. If I ever need to connect to the internet where WIFI isn't available we will use my wife's smartphone. I've been thinking about just buying a tablet without 4G, but my wife says we have to pay for service on my flip phone anyway and the the tablet is actually free plus we get to share data.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You will still have to pay for a line charge or something similar especially if you are still on contract.

johnnyb58

You will still have to pay for a line charge or something similar especially if you are still on contract.
That's what I figured. The other reason I don't want to go through the phone company is that every time I make a change no matter how small, they treat it as a change in contract and increase my rates. It might be cheaper to shut the 4G tablet down and buy a tablet without 4G