How to make all users use the same settings in Windows 7?

wherebob

We have a windows 7 pro computer in a conference room that needs to have the same profile settings no matter who logs on.

Users authenticate on a remote domain server but I need all mapped network drives and printers to show to all users when they log on to the local PC without having to re-map for each user.

Anyone know how to do this in windows 7

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You'd probably want to create some kind of logon script that automatically runs when the user logs in. As far as actually doing that, I'm not sure.

paulcheung

We have a windows 7 pro computer in a conference room that needs to have the same profile settings no matter who logs on.

Users authenticate on a remote domain server but I need all mapped network drives and printers to show to all users when they log on to the local PC without having to re-map for each user.

Anyone know how to do this in windows 7

Windows 7 store user profile on each user accounts, once you logon as that user and windows load that user profile and map the network drives if you choose reconnect at logon option when you first map the network drives. Hope this will help.
Cheers.

Last edited:

kurby

What about using a local GPO to map the drives and printers and using loopback processing so the local Computer settings will take precedence over the remote DC?

They probably can't create a local profile because the accounts are being authenticated via a remote DC so they probably are using remote resouces. They will lose access to this if authenticated locally.

Last edited: