How to move one program to another pc

ANNR

I have a program that is currently installed on my working pc.

My windows 10 does not seems to be stable because every few weeks it will crash and will not startup.

I have to keep restoring it from a image that I luckily created before.

I got a new pc and would like to move the said program to the new pc without breaking its activation.

It is a lifetime activation but it can only be activated once.

The software is very expansive, its called BeyondMenu POS. Its over $400 dollars. (For my business)

I have talked to the tech support from ByondMenu POS team and they told me I will have to buy another license.

Is there a way out there for me to move the said program to my new pc while keeping the activation?

Thank you

beers

Staff member
It might be worth troubleshooting issues on the previous PC, you may have some other issue like RAM or HDD not playing well. W10 itself is pretty solid so I would assume some other issue being hardware or potentially any other data installed there from a software side.

I'd take a look in the folder for any activation style files or potentially registry entries for beyondmenu that may store the activation piece. Does it function at all if you just copy and paste the installation folder?

ANNR

I have not tried to copy the installation folder yet. My new pc is coming in few days.

I though the problem might have occurred during HDD cloning to a SSD. The PC is currently booting of the SSD.

I no longer have the original HDD that contains the original windows 10 and beyondmenu pos

so I though if the problem was with the cloning process or a defective SSD, i will just end up with same problem if I were to just clone the current windows and BM POs to a new pc with iSunshare CloneGo. I purchased that program.\

That's the reason why I am seeking a way to only clone the BM POS to new windows without losing activation and all the settings.

DavidG

It generally isn't possible just to clone one program to another computer, during the installation the registry entries are created, specific files etc. Additionally for expensive specific business software they are normally extremely restrictive about transferring licences, often even a complete clone to a different SSD/hard drive will trigger a licence activation request, never mind different hardware to a new machine.
I would agree with beers that you probably have some failing hardware on your old machine to cause lockups and crashes. Your best bet is to repair your old machine. Initially I would test the drives and RAM for errors, maybe check the temps and airflow.
If the drives are free of errors you could clone the drive and see if a cloned drive will boot in the new computer, with luck, windows might boot and recognise the new hardware without problem, its a gamble but might work.

Last edited:

ANNR

Thanks for the reply everyone.

It seems I got lucky this time around. I spend hours and hours trying to clone the OS with the POS to the new pc to no avail.

In a last attempt, I restored a image of my original PC with the POS to the new pc and they booted up.

no need for reactivation or anything.

Everything is working!!!!