How to perform Low level format in 2 system drive

MADKING153

hi,i got Win 2000 in "c drive" and win Xp in "D drive " -Both drive are in the same HD (Western Digital Wb400JB)

Now i want to low level format both drives , how should i do it ?

another question , i got another drive E that contain important datas( also in the same HD ) .If i low level format "c" and "d", will the dat in " E" safe?

Yeti

VIP Member
Okay, so let me make sure I got this right: you have one hard drive with 3 partitions - c,d, and e (with OS on c and d) and you want to format c and d. So you have to wipe both your OS's. It should be possible without losing data on e but I would make damn sure that I had all important data backed up if I were doing that. If you're going to install WinXP I would just boot from the install CD and delete and recreate/format the 2 partions you want to wipe and then install WinXP on whichever partition you want. There may be another (maybe easier/safer) way but thats just how I'd do it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You can often get the LLFormat util from the drive manufacturer but why do you want to LLFormat? :)

MADKING153

both format are NTFS . My idea is 1st format " D" with Win XP, then format Win2000
coz later i want to install WinXp in my "C" and "D" for storage

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you want to do serious data scrubbing (at which there are better ways of doing it) ... you prolly dont need to

MADKING153

can umakeit more clearly.. or more detail ? coz i only know how to format win98 , never try with win2k or win xp
thanks