How to Remove wisersearch virus / browser hijacker / pup?

rltrdc

Hi,

Don't know if any of you have heard of this or experienced it but I have a browser hijacker that I do not know how to get rid of, apparently I keep getting rid of it and it comes back in a different form.

It resets my search and homepage to whatever url it wants. It started as wisersearch.com, then it became something else, now it is something else. I have tried to read everything everywhere on it but cannot get rid of it. Things I have done:

Deactivated and removed all browser extensions from all browsers (chrome, firefox, ie, & safari). If you do that it generally works for the rest of the session but then comes back. I suspect the culprit is one called "Offer Mosquito", which I have removed multiple times from all browsers but then reappears.

I have run Malware bytes (full scan), Adaware, CCleaner and removed any threats, including suspicious registry keys.

I have checked my startup folder.

It keeps coming back. Based on some results given to me by Malware Bytes and some reading on Google I believe the virus was installed by a program called FoxTab FLV Player (but am not sure). Yesterday I was trying to remove FoxTab FLV Player (it was still showing in my programs list under start however missing from the programs list under add/remove programs). I tried clicking the uninstall button but it said the file the shortcut referenced had been removed.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

•Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Scan.
•After the scan you will need to click on clean for it to delete the adware.
•Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

•Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
•Very important that you run the tool in this manner:
Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
Do NOT just double-click it.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt in your next message.