How to run crysis at Very High

zaroba

i don't se why a laptop couldn't play it if it had good enough specs. its no different from a regular pc except its smaller.
but anyway, you definitely need more then 2gb of ram if you want to run crysis maxxed out.

hpi

banned
i don't se why a laptop couldn't play it if it had good enough specs. its no different from a regular pc except its smaller.
but anyway, you definitely need more then 2gb of ram if you want to run crysis maxxed out.

It can't, the laptop would have to be huge and have an insane amount of power.

Motoxrdude

Think about it, laptops have to run on very low power. Also, you have to sacrifice some power to fit it in such a small space. It's mainly the motherboard that bottlenecks.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Also, I don't think HSF on laptops (they do have HSF's don't they? lol) are really good to put big loads on the CPU...

BluePlum

banned
Well i can run COD4 maxed out fine, Bioshock with my hands behind my back. But crysis will start to lag after awhile on medium. MEDIUM! i have 2042 ram, 512 ram for gpu, Duel nvidia 8700gt with sli, intel centrino duo 2.4 ( thats to 2.4 chips ) and my computer can do light shows. The most powerfull laptop in the world, AND YOUR TELLING ME I CANT PLAY CRYSIS LAG FREE? ILL KILL U! lol jks, My cooling pad should be coming soon, But want i want to no is does anyone have any tips? like how to get maximum airflow, Do all my lights that i have on decrease performance? Usualy when i run crysis my 2nd LCD panel ( thats right my laptop has a cool 2nd LCD, displaying emails, performance, time, you name it. The ram gets higher and higher until it can get up to 90%.

Dell XPS M1730, Well time to watch a light show. ( i have vista )

zaroba

to put it in perspective, the PC in my sig only gets 20-25fps in crysis with everything on very high @ 1280x1024 and AA disabled (was just playing it for the past few hours). but i haven't gotten to the snow yet which is the real fps killer.

last time i played it i only had an e6300 and 5gb of ram. was getting the same FPS with everything on high and a few on medium. in the snow i had to lower some settings to low to maintain 20 fps.

like i said earlier, you need more then 2gb of ram for crysis. thats probably why its lagging. you can have the worlds fastest video cards, but if you don't have much ram your pc will lag since it will have to constantly access the hard drive for textures, sounds, etc that the game needs.

Last edited:

Iluvpenguins

i only get around 25FPS on high settings with my pc...i wouldn't expect a laptop to top that.

Well i can run COD4 maxed out fine, Bioshock with my hands behind my back. But crysis will start to lag after awhile on medium. MEDIUM! i have 2042 ram, 512 ram for gpu, Duel nvidia 8700gt with sli, intel centrino duo 2.4 ( thats to 2.4 chips ) and my computer can do light shows. The most powerfull laptop in the world, AND YOUR TELLING ME I CANT PLAY CRYSIS LAG FREE? ILL KILL U! lol jks, My cooling pad should be coming soon, But want i want to no is does anyone have any tips? like how to get maximum airflow, Do all my lights that i have on decrease performance? Usualy when i run crysis my 2nd LCD panel ( thats right my laptop has a cool 2nd LCD, displaying emails, performance, time, you name it. The ram gets higher and higher until it can get up to 90%.

Dell XPS M1730, Well time to watch a light show. ( i have vista )

Yes, thats because they are them and Crysis is Crysis...just because you can run those on max doesn't mean Crysis can. Crysis is pretty hardware intensive and even very very high end computer can't run it perfectly on the highest most settings.

Iluvpenguins

what if i get more cooling?

Cooling won't do you much good, if you want to play the game max...drop a load of cash when the next video card series come out and then try. Your laptop, nor any laptop for that matter, will run Crysis on high smoothly

Motoxrdude

Will More Cooling Help At All? Because After Awhile Of Playing It Will Become Laggy

It might help the "laggin over time" because your laptop may be heating up and clocking down to reduce heat. But it may have a memory leak as well, so who knows.

Kornowski

VIP Member
AA is going to reduce your FPS majoly, so don't use it, it basically softens the edges of things to make them look better.