How to see lifetime burn count?

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/Blu-ray Technology' started by The VCR King, Mar 23, 2016.

1. The VCR King

The VCR King Well-Known Member

Is there a way I can see the total number of discs that my CD drives have burned in their lifetimes?

2. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

3. The VCR King

Thanks ;) I was wondering if I could see the lifetime burn count because I frequently burn audio and photo CDs for myself and family and I was interested in how many discs ive made over the years :rolleyes:

4. Laquer Head

Laquer Head Well-Known Member

Have you considered reading a book? or perhaps picking up a useful hobby/skill?

Geoff and beers like this.
  5. The VCR King

I actually do have some hobbies and favorite books. I enjoy classics such as Old Yeller and Adventures of Tom Sawyer which I'm currently reading. When I'm not working on my PC I'm an audiophile and I have a large vinyl collection that I listen to on my Onkyo deck. And although it isn't a useful skill I can do a perfect impersonation of Herbert the Pervert from family guy and I can creep out people when I say "hey Chris we got Popsicles". I can also do the comic book guy from The Simpsons

6. Laquer Head

Then focus on things that will enrich your mind.. instead of how many CD's you've made..and such.

7. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

I would love to have the kind of free time you have.

8. Laquer Head

I'm starting to think Grantapus and VCRKing are the same kid..

9. The VCR King

Believe it or not, we actually aren't. I might make stupid posts but I couldn't think of things the caliber of stupid that Grantapus posts...

Geoff likes this.
  10. Laquer Head

Yeah,..well I don't know about that...

11. Punk

Punk Moderator Staff Member

Music is life. I myself am a CD collector. I started about two years ago and chose CDs over Vinyls for two reasons:
    1) Price
    2) New vinyls are the same quality as the CD, just "burnt" over a vinyl. I won't compare the vinyl quality of older albums though, that is undeniable.