How to share documents safely through windows XP professional

tanglang43

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to share my documents with my network users. But I just would like to let certain peoples to be able to access my documents through the network. My pc is running on Windows XP Professional. For my network users, their PCs are also running on Windows XP Professional.

Therefore, what should I do for the setting to solve the above problem? Please provide me some guidance.

Hopefully to hear from you soon. Thank you very much.

Regards
Tang Lang.

Kanduu

Goto CONTROL-PANEL and click on the NETWORK-SETUP WIZARD. Follow the on screen
instructions.

smole

open computer explorer,go to the Tools-Fold Options-View and find the option 'Use Simple
Sharing (Recommended)' and remove its select and then press confirm.
then you can share your folders by controling net users' authority to use your sharing folder.remember to set up a password for every user for local computer and administrator.
if you'd like to add a user,go to "Run.." in Start Menu,type "lusrmgr.msc" and return you will see the GUI of users managerment.

paga

banned
I only want to mention that if your partition is NTFS you need not only to share folder in Your folder rt click - properties - Sharing tab with corresponding permissions but also to add your user name in Security tab with appropriate permissions.