How to start a web site?

I am wanting to start a web site but dont know where to start. :confused: I want to make a site that user would pay to join.

Last edited:

Nanobyte

This has been through a few times. A good start would be to google "starting a website". The first in that search is this one. You need to read up on the basics so you can ask meaningful questions. You will need various scripts for a pay site and a good host.

You can create simple websites on your own PC without sending anything out. That's good for learning the basics. My browser home page is on my PC and I have a small intranet with various pages of links and information.

I keep a mirror of my sites on my PC. I change the mirror, check it out and then upload the changes knowing they will usually work. That's not so easy with scripts.

danthrax

What kind of content would you have on your website? Keep in mind there are a ton of free websites that users do not have to pay to join, so you better have some damn good material that people cannot easily get their hands on!

cratecomps

Advertise!

I agree with danthrax, it is very hard to make money from content because the web is so full of free information that people would just try elsewhere. If you are looking to make money online you should look into advertising on your site. You of course would still need good content to bring traffic to your site, but when people click those ads on your page, you get paid. Check it out. www.google.com/adsense
Oh, its free too!!:D

What kind of content would you have on your website? Keep in mind there are a ton of free websites that users do not have to pay to join, so you better have some damn good material that people cannot easily get their hands on!

I believe I do , thats why I asked . Thanks:D