How to track someone on Messenger?

latinluvr

I am trying to find a program I had on my old computer. That you ran while the person was typing their message on their messenger. And I can't remember the website I got it from. Can anyone help? I want to see if the person I am really talking with is where they say they are. Thanks for any help you can give....hugs

PC Hobbyist

Isnt that an invasion of privacy?

Not necessarily. Webpages can see your IP address without your consent - and that is information relating to where you are. As far as I know, that is not considered invasion of privacy. But I agree - it's kind of a gray area.

latinluvr

TRack on messenger

I don't feel it's an invasion of privacy especially when they are lying to you about where they live. I am only confirming it. You don't know the situation I am in. If you don't know what software or site I can get it than I say thank you for your 2 cents....

vix

I don't feel it's an invasion of privacy especially when they are lying to you about where they live. I am only confirming it. You don't know the situation I am in. If you don't know what software or site I can get it than I say thank you for your 2 cents....
If it's someone you only know online, what is it to you where they live? A lot of times I don't like people knowing where I live either.

For a lot of guys it's not a big deal, but for a girl, you have to be a bit more careful.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
For a lot of guys it's not a big deal, but for a girl, you have to be a bit more careful.
Kinda makes sense in theory, but considering what kind of weirdos you come across these days, being a guy ain't a lot easier when it comes to...these things.

tremmor

ip won't tell sheet. State and city.
Useless info.........unless your sniffing and hacking.

vix

Kinda makes sense in theory, but considering what kind of weirdos you come across these days, being a guy ain't a lot easier when it comes to...these things.
That's exactly why I carry a S&W in my purse and have a Mossberg 12ga under the bed. :cool:

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but....

2. Discussions which actively encourage illegal hacking/malicious harm to computers/networks is prohibited (this includes discussion surrounding use of proxy servers)

That's exactly why I carry a S&W in my purse and have a Mossberg 12ga under the bed. :cool:
I hope you have a permit for that gun and a license to carry a concealed weapon :p
If the person isn't telling you where they live then obviously they don't want you to know where they live. That my friend is invasion of privacy. And your situation can't be that serious because you are posting on a forum...

Just because a 13 year old girl doesn't want you to come over to her house doesn't mean you can stalk her and find out where she lives.
Isnt that an invasion of privacy?
Yuep, and it's downright wrong(unless used for law enforcement).

chibicitiberiu

Man, if you're trying to find out where someone lives using the IP forget it. There are IP-tracking websites, but they usually show the ISP(internet service provider) not where is the IP exactly is. So forget it, you will probably only know the area but not exactly where.
And I don't think the ISP guys would like to be visited by someone who thinks is visiting a girl :D

sg1

Anyone else noticed the OP has GONE :eek:

A.F.A.I.K The only people who can legally trace your exact location would be govournment- special Crime units, police force etc.

Tuffie

This is to easy:

1. First turn connection logging on. To do this while in msn go to tools > options > connection > advanced settings, and then of course click the check box under connection logging.

2. Attempt to send a file to your target, doesn't matter if they decline it will still work.

3. Then go to My documents > received files > MsnMsgr (text file) search (ctrl+f) “Connecttoip” and you will your selected items. Click the find next button until you find the IP address..

Getting it through CMD:

1. Open CMD
2. Type netstat and hit enter
3. Connect to the person (Can be done with by sending them a file, webcam, or voice. doesn't matter which
4. Type netstat again in command prompt, find the new ip.

Now can you guys stop talking arse about this, I mean come on! CF is becoming stupider and stupider having someones IP means nothing, hey good work you now now where there ISP is.

vix

I hope you have a permit for that gun and a license to carry a concealed weapon :p

I have a CFP/CPL, a class 3 permit and a FFL. I spent 10 years in the military and a couple of years as a LEO, so I have hobbies other than computers. :D

Now can you guys stop talking arse about this, I mean come on! CF is becoming stupider and stupider having someones IP means nothing, hey good work you now now where there ISP is.
The issue isn't so much about having your IP as much as it is about personal privacy. What I do and where I am is nobody elses business. If we meet online and you don't believe that I live where I say I do, you have the option to either blow it off or disassociate with me. Snooping to "verify" who or where I am is unnecessary spying and an invasion of my privacy, plain and simple.

tremmor

Tuffie comment was interesting. but then I don't use messenger.
I am curious about your quote thouh. How much info it will return.
The only safe way i would think would be a private proxy. I don't use anymore which was primeidus webtunnel. ive tried a few you can download to spoof ip but always found a backdoor. i agree with the comment about tracking and personally know this is true. get to the location requires a phone call to someone like comcast (who owns this ip). ME.

Is my comment accurate... yes.
i was involved in a federal lawsuit that involved satellite piracy.
Im a straight shooter now. i have to be careful. :D:D
interesting subject though.

Motoxrdude

Is my comment accurate... yes.
i was involved in a federal lawsuit that involved satellite piracy.
Im a straight shooter now. i have to be careful. :D:D
interesting subject though.

Yeah, I am going to say that never happened. But don't worry, I still think you are a cool hacker....:rolleyes:

Tuffie

The issue isn't so much about having your IP as much as it is about personal privacy. What I do and where I am is nobody elses business. If we meet online and you don't believe that I live where I say I do, you have the option to either blow it off or disassociate with me. Snooping to "verify" who or where I am is unnecessary spying and an invasion of my privacy, plain and simple.

I don't see how knowing where your ISP is, and who your ISP is as an invasion of privacy.

Unless of course, your posting it on /b/.