How to transmit to speaker via USB?

markfleener

I tried to buy a wireless bluetooth speaker to use with my computer, but now realize that bluetooth doesn't work unless i turn off the headphone audio output on the computer, which i need to leave on. Is there a way to transmit the audio to a wireless speaker via a USB port without affecting the headphone audio output on the computer? I don't even know how to find such a speaker?

beers

Staff member
No that will just give you another device to choose from.

You can do multiples with the 'Stereo Mix' feature, just did that myself to output to a headset and speaker set concurrently:

markfleener

I tried the info in the link but it didn't do anything for me. How to use bluetooth audio output and 1/8" headphone output at the same time? It turns off the headphone output when i use bluetooth, but i want both. Alienware 15R4 laptop with Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Os Build 19045.2546

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I've only tried a few minutes but I can't get it to play through speakers and headphones at the same time. I'll try again later though, maybe I'm missing a step, stereo mix is enabled though.

markfleener

you should try all of the steps to get it working. Once you follow all steps kindly restart your pc and check if it works!
Yeah, i've tried all that, am now running a 50ft 3.5mm cable across my apartment (audio jack split in 3). There's no getting the bluetooth and 3.5mm audio jack working together for me.