How to use Microphone on Headset but listen through 2.1 Speakers instead of Headset

So I own a Pair of Logitech 2.1 speakers that I really like! When I play online like Rainbow Six Siege I use a Cheap Clip on Microphone from eBay. Its actually very decent! even though its only $3.50

The thing is that I want something that Picks up better Volume of my Voice with more Depth and Quality, basically something that makes my voice louder in games.

I want to buy a Turtle Beach Headset with Microphone but I don't want to use the Headset to hear the game, I Just want to use the Microphone on the Headset around my neck but listen to the sounds through my 2.1 speakers.

Is there a way to do this?

ALSO: EDIT: What is a Cheap Microphone for gaming under $20? On ebay or Newegg? Thanks!

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You're better off using the headset as a whole because otherwise you'll be picking up game noise from the speakers.

mistersprinkles

right click the little speaker in your task bar, playback devices, right click your speakers, set as default device, right click your mic, set as default communications device.

If both devices are on the same sound source things become more complicated. I suggest a USB mic. Get a modmic and clip it to your shirt.

right click the little speaker in your task bar, playback devices, right click your speakers, set as default device, right click your mic, set as default communications device.

If both devices are on the same sound source things become more complicated. I suggest a USB mic. Get a modmic and clip it to your shirt.
Perfect! Good stuff! Thank you!