how to view the cmos password

kingyoun

i was set a cmos password three ago.
my computer can't go to gui of windows.
i want to use ghost to restore but i have install a soft that not allow me to restore,only load default cmos config.
please help me

narafa

Remove your Mother Board Battery and leave it out for some time. This will clear all the BIOS settings and return them to default which will not contain the password. You can then log in to windows normally.

narafa

This is not possible, you can't view your CMOS password. There is no Mobo software that will allow you to view the CMOS password, maybe there is a software out there which you can run under the windows platform to know read the CMOS password, but you will have to know the password anyway in order to log on to windows from the very beginning.

narafa

apj101 said:
why not just reset it, i dont see why you need to view it if all you want is to log on

I will tell you why, it seems that it's an attempt to access another computer that is having a CMOS password without the owner of the computer knows, so if the password is reset, the computer owner will know that someone messed up with his computer and apparently, kingyoun, don't want this to happen.

Is this correct kingyoun???

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
narafa said:
I will tell you why, it seems that it's an attempt to access another computer that is having a CMOS password without the owner of the computer knows, so if the password is reset, the computer owner will know that someone messed up with his computer and apparently, kingyoun, don't want this to happen.

exactly what i was thinking

Geoff

VIP Member
narafa said:

If its your own computer, i dont see why it would be a problem, unless your trying to get into someone's elses computer and they have a password set lol.

narafa

:) We are not going to help the guy to get unauthorized access to someone else computer, are we??? Plus, I don't think there is anyway to see the CMOS password or display it, never heard of something that can do this before.

narafa

I know of course that you are not going to tell him, but I am saying that the whole thread went to another direction since we are all convinced that he needs to view the CMOS password to get unauthorized access to the PC, that's why I said that Praetor will delete the thread :D

kingyoun

i sorry that heard someone said i not allow to access this computer.
i think i have to write why i want to view the comos password.
first i swear that i don't lie to anyone really
in my school,there is a big computer house.because i oftens help they fix computer,
so they oftens call me to fix computer once the computer has a trouble.
these computer all install a restore card.if you want to restore the computer ,you must to load the comos config or unload the restore card.but these computer often be
steal.so they use a strong box of iron lock it.
this why i don't reset the cmos and don't take off motherboard.
i very soryy don't said it clearly.

randruff

who the hell in thier right minds needs to "view" thier CMOS pword?!?!?! dude, admit it, youre busted, you want access to your buddys system

Jiffyman

Get rid of him

Personally I don't think he belongs on this site if he plans on using the information we give him just to mess someone elses computer up. I'm not saying that you plan on doing this, but if you are you need to leave. Messing someones computer up is just wrong dude.

Last edited: