how tomake vista 32 bit see 4gb???

cohen

A friend of mine said he did it on his.. try a google search but i will ask him when i see him

tlarkin

VIP Member
To limit Vista or to lie? And I don't think they would lie like that in their documentation, they can't. That would break a lot of things, when programmers write stuff

No, they aren't lying or doing anything illegal. They clearly state that it doesn't work. What they are doing though is not fixing the problem at all, instead for $10 you can make it work. Why would they spend the time to fix it, when instead it already works in x64 versions and they get $10 per a copy of vista sold.

G25r8cer

^^^ Exactly what I said yet, everyone is trying to mod 32bit and will prob not get any results!! Its as easy as typing in some info and handing over $10.

tyttebøvs

No, they aren't lying or doing anything illegal. They clearly state that it doesn't work. What they are doing though is not fixing the problem at all, instead for $10 you can make it work. Why would they spend the time to fix it, when instead it already works in x64 versions and they get $10 per a copy of vista sold.

In their point of view, as they say it, they fixed their OS (in XP/SP2), so it wont crash when you install certain drivers and have that much RAM.

A friend of mine said he did it on his.. try a google search but i will ask him when i see him

Fixed Vista so it could go past 4GB? Some rumours say that it was possible in a very early beta version, but it is certainly not possible in the final version.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Vista SP1 says it can identify 4 GB of ram but I believe the remaining of the 512mb would be used on something else such as more memory for video card.

cohen

Fixed Vista so it could go past 4GB? Some rumours say that it was possible in a very early beta version, but it is certainly not possible in the final version.

Well i asked my friend and he got it to see 4GB.

intel_man said:
Vista SP1 says it can identify 4 GB of ram but I believe the remaining of the 512mb would be used on something else such as more memory for video card.

Well that sounds good... maybe someone with it could tell us..... :cool:

tyttebøvs

Well i know that you have to type something into the command prompt.

As said, that is one those rumours that doesn't hold. PAE in Vista has one, and only one function: to give support for DEP.

Sure, you can manually enable PAE by issuing a command in the prompt, but that will not help anything. And again, DEP is default enabled on many systems, and then PAE will be enabled automatically - without any command.

And SP1 is only about display. The memory manager still limits the address space to 4GB.

Burn_all

wow lots of helpfullness thanks guys.. and yea i dont want 64 bti cause it cant run alot of my programs i have 64 bit on my other computer.