How would I add These Fans? *alright pics*

awildgoose

View attachment 2999

View attachment 3000

View attachment 3001

View attachment 3002

View attachment 3003

I hope the pics worked. Ok so me and a friend got some old PSU's and took the fans and 3 switches from them, we didn't bother find where the connector was so we just them them at around 10cm (I have soldering iron kit and lots of wires anyway) and I was wondering how I would attach them. My dad said he can (and has) connect them to like IDE power connectors so the IDE thing goes in but there is also the outward pins on it as well so I don't lose a port.

The other way I can do it is, I have these 12V batteries from, I can't remember what they are called (the things used on your computer that acts as a PSU if a storm hits, so you have enough time to turn it off safely?), well I have about 5 of those, and I could probably hook 3 up to one (only use one battery at a time) and also hook one of the switches to it as well so I can turn it on and off.

I am really good with wiring, and I have already started my case mods, so please don't bug me about that. Also all the fans I have. 9 80mm (two already installed, one on the system fan and one with the IDE thing) and 2 120mm's (one on the last system fan, one not installed - the clear one). One of the not used fans (80mm) also has a system fan port but no ports are free, and the 120mm that you see on the pics has only a Positive and Negative port (like all the other PSU fans) but this one is still intact, I was wondering, is it safe to hook that to a System fan port on my mobo (forgot to mention) and just use a jumper on the ground port?

All comments are appreciated, but not the negative ones (that's not nice)

Thanks in advance and sorry for so much reading

EDIT: I have a 400W with a 9600GT (apparently that is enough, but I can hook up a 600W) a E7300, 160G IDE HDD 80GIG IDE, SATA dvd burner and a wireless card, if that is help at all.

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
See if you can get your hands on the 3-pin motherboard connectors and soldering the bare wires to that (the 3rd pin is rpm control, just ignore it).

And if you want to you can also have your dad to solder it to the 4-pin peripheral connector. It works the same both ways.

awildgoose

OK... well I think I will just do the IDE power connectors or whatever they are called, but if someone still has some suggestions, I haven't finished my case modding for yeh...