How would i overclock this?

7angofragger

oh....... k8 triton..... there are tons of ways to overclock.... just google an overclocking guide, or browse other forums that use your same processor and motherboard and see what they set their values to

DirtyD86

banned
overclocking is more or less just trial and error. download CPUz, speedfan, and install the software that came with your motherboard for overclocking. most MOBOS will come with a software utility for OCing

first open CPUz and check your bus speed and multiplier... for example if you have a bus speed of 200mhz, and a multiplier of 9, you then have a 1.8ghz processor. there are a couple of ways you can do this... depending on your hardware you can raise the multiplier, or the bus speed. i prefer bus speed because you can raise it in 1mhz increments which gives you a lot more control over your system. remember to start SLOW. do not increase the bus speed by more than 10mhz at a time. each time, test your system to make sure it is still stable, doesnt skip, etc. assuming you boot up, check your temps to make sure they are reasonable. if you notice that your system is skipping a little, or throttling as some call it, you may need to increase your vcore (voltage) ... go by small increments.... 0.025 is what i use. usually bumping it up by .025 is enough to get your cpu the power it needs from the overclock. ask lots of questions too, because believe me when i say that you will have them your first OC.