How would one make there own internet

Judd

Ignoring cost or practicalities. How could someone make their own internet free of connection to google or any current website never have any connection to them like lets say connect a whole apartment complex or larger to their own server hubs without current internet structure most wireless preferably or cord if it works better that way and how could it be done i would like you to post your plans and ideas per person so i can choose what i would like to attempt. Including how would i go about making a search engine to find what the people have uploaded to the new internet if you would know how please... Also how could i administrate it to prevent undesired/illegal content

Last edited:

beers

Staff member
You can easily make a private network, pretty much every business has one in addition to Internet access.

What is your definition of 'server hub' ?

Geoff

VIP Member
What you described is what virtually every medium to large business has, which is a private network consisting of servers, clients, internal web servers, file hosting, etc. Most homes have this as well, where everything behind the router is it's own private network that will continue to function if you remove the internet connection.

What exactly are you looking to do here? Once you connect all apartments in your complex together, what is the reason for the residents to only use your internal servers opposed to accessing the internet?