How would this computer fare as a gaming rig?

M1ke10191

New Member
These are the specs listed:

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200 2.33GHz 1333MHz 4MB LGA775

Cooling Fan : Standard Cooling Fan

Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Quad/ Intel G31/ FSB1333/ DDR2-800

Memory : 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800

Hard Drive : Hitachi 500GB 0A35415 SATA2 U300 7200rpm 16MB RoHS

DVD-RW Drive
: 22X DVD-RW DUAL LAYER DVD/CD burner

Video Card : EVGA nVidia GeForce 9400GT 1GB VGA/DVI/HDTV PCI-Express

Sound Card : Integrated 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

Network Card : 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet Network Card (onboard)

Power Supply : 400 Watt Power Supply

Software : All driver disks and manuals are included.

Operating System: XP Professional 32 bit installed, activated and updated with restore DVD

Condition
: All system components are brand new. System is completely assembled and tested.

Would this be good for games like WoW (especially), and higher end stuff like MW2, etc?

Sorry for the noob-ness. Thank you for any help you can offer.
 
Last edited:
if you upgrade the gpu it would be great. but I would also get a bigger better psu, a cpu cooler, and overclock the cpu to get the best performance
 
How much is it? I bet we could help you put together a better rig for the price. That one has some stuff that you'll want to replace anyway. (PSU, OS, video card)
 
It's going for $750 b/o. I can just show you guys the page: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120547519218&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I know very little about computer hardware so I'd love to be able to just buy a comp and use it instantly out of the box, but I know building is much cheaper. Even if I bought that comp and upgraded certain parts, I'd probably feel lost. I'm open to any thoughts though, any help I can get is hugely appreciated (:

I would need all the peripherals, too. Monitor (though I have an HDTV which may have a port to use as a monitor, I forget), keyboard, mouse, stuff like that if you guys have any suggestions.

My budget is around $1,000 for everything total.

Oh one other thing, if i left that rig the way it was, how would you rate its performance?
 
Last edited:
That will be a slow gaming rig. The graphics card (GPU) is considered very slow for any modern game.
 
Back
Top