HP, Blackbird

nexolus

This has been posted here before, but it's still going to be a nice innovation. Just extremely overpriced.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I posted it, still a rip off though. Well.... anything is a rip off unless you build it yourself, thats as "customizable" as it gets :p

luckyedboy66

that thing looks amazing! i admit it might be a bit overpriced, but its basicly a VooDoo computer in a redesined case (which is fully aluminum and can support up to 600 lbs). plus it comes stock with SLIed 8800 unltras... my point: i want... really badly.

paratwa

I just read a review of this system by the magazine Maximum PC. They give it a rating of 7 out of 10, mostly because it is running Vista and it has an ATI 2900 video card. But otherwise they loved it.

It is a fully upgradeable system, using standard parts that can be replaced at any time.

It has water cooling, and you can have a choice of what Cpu you want, up to and including the Q6600.

It uses a Asus Striker extreme and comes with 2 WD raptors and a 1100 watt power supply.

For a HP system, I am impressed with it. And I think you all know how much I hate pre built systems! The case is actually pretty well thought out. With separate areas for the motherboard and PSU. The hard drives are Sata, and the cables that come from the mother board go into a bracket, so when you slide the drives into the slots, it connects to the cables.

But the price is way to high, $5,500 for it.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I just read a review of this system by the magazine Maximum PC. They give it a rating of 7 out of 10, mostly because it is running Vista and it has an ATI 2900 video card. But otherwise they loved it.

It is a fully upgradeable system, using standard parts that can be replaced at any time.

It has water cooling, and you can have a choice of what Cpu you want, up to and including the Q6600.

It uses a Asus Striker extreme and comes with 2 WD raptors and a 1100 watt power supply.

For a HP system, I am impressed with it. And I think you all know how much I hate pre built systems! The case is actually pretty well thought out. With separate areas for the motherboard and PSU. The hard drives are Sata, and the cables that come from the mother board go into a bracket, so when you slide the drives into the slots, it connects to the cables.

But the price is way to high, $5,500 for it.

Exactly. The non-proprietary design is a good step forward, but the price is outrageous. :eek:

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Exactly. The non-proprietary design is a good step forward, but the price is outrageous. :eek:

I thought only Dell's were proprietary? :rolleyes:

$5500 = QX6850, 680i EVGA SLi, 5x Raptors, Blu Ray Burner, 1200W PSU (or so)...

How do these review people have 5.5k? Go buy an car with this!

luckyedboy66

Yeah, it's been posted before... the cooling looks horrible though.

do what? i checked out the site, and the cooling looks beautiful! 3 compartments seperating the PSU, CPU, and GPU/RAM. available water cooling, and a case that is built to be a heat sink. i dont know where you got the notion that it has horrible cooling...