HP Computer??

MikeTHE

HP Pavilion tx2510us

Okay so I am looking in to buying this computer. I have heard that it get's a bit warm and that it is not the greatest buy. I am a mechanical engineer so some of my programs take up alot of room and there are times when I need multiple programs up at the same time. I think this computer has some really neat features. I am looking at spending about $1000. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your response.

Michael

41Cea6YcBBL._SS400_.jpg

I think this is the picture

The_Other_One

VIP Member
My previous HPs had a whole slue of problems. These were ones I had a few months ago, too... Nothing too old or anything. Personally, I wouldn't touch anything made by HP or Compaq now-of-days. Performance was rather sluggish too, when compared to my current, similarly spec'd machines.

In all honesty, I'm very impressed with this new Dell I received. Unless you require a tablet, this 1420 is miles ahead of previous Dell's I've worked with. It still has a bit of a cheap feeling here and there, but still one I'd recommend...

cRABu

i have a HP laptop, and i can say that this it's the first laptop/computer that i'm satisfied with. I like HP very much. On the other side, i owned a Acer, and since then i dislike Acers v much :).

The_Other_One

VIP Member
i have a HP laptop, and i can say that this it's the first laptop/computer that i'm satisfied with. I like HP very much. On the other side, i owned a Acer, and since then i dislike Acers v much :).

I might have just gotten a bad series. Mine was a dv6000 with a T5300. I got multiple blue screens on various units, lots of noise over the speakers (static and such from internal electronics) and one of my 4-5 that I tried died on the second power up :p Plus the cases wouldn't sit level on the desk and various parts had a very cheap feel/look to them (lights misaligned, buttons wobbled, etc)